Check out some of my favorite things this week:
1. Don't miss this insightful and beautiful piece by Jen Pollock Michel about the "gospel of self-fulfillment" that seems to be so popular these days. This is a must read for this week!
2. This is a great article about the "neoliberal echo chamber" that is turning us all into idiots. Caitlin Johnstone highlights the insanity of only accepting information that validates one's own ideologies.
3. This week I read No God But One: Allah or Jesus?: A Former Muslim Investigates the Evidence for Islam and Christianity, by Nabeel Qureshi. What I love about this book is how Nabeel lays out a Muslim belief and then answers that belief from a Christian perspective. This book is a great explanation of basic Christian theology and is easy to read and understand.
4. This is a very interesting article by Adam Mabry at the Gospel Coalition about how Charismatics and Calvinists need each other. I'm not a Calvinist, but read books and articles by many Calvinists, and I often find myself with a foot in both of those worlds. so I found this piece particularly interesting and thought-provoking.
5. Fidel Castro died last week, inspiring all kinds of different reactions. Some reacted with joy, some with neutrality and some with downright praise. Here's a great piece at First Things, on Castro's crimes, and the importance of history.
Subscribe for more great articles each week!