Here are some of my favorite things this week. I encourage you to check out these links!
1. One of my absolute favorite people to listen to is Dr. Peter Williams of Tyndale House. He's a member of the translation committee of the English Standard Version of the Bible, and this talk on the Bible and slavery is excellent. If you or someone you know is confused about what the Bible has to say about slavery, this is a must watch.
2. Last week, it was announced that archaeologists believe they have found the altar of Baal that Hezekiah turned into a toilet 2 Kings 10:27. I love when biblical history is affirmed by archaeology! Read John Stonestreet's take here.
3. If you aren't following Natasha Crain's blog at www.christianmomthoughts.com, you are missing out on the best online apologetics resource for parents. This blog post from last week is an important read for parents raising kids in a world that is ruled by moral confusion.
4. Did Abraham fail God's test by being willing to sacrifice his son Isaac? This week I revisited Jean E. Jones fabulous 5 part answer to Rachel Held Evan's interpretation of Genesis 22. Why a 5 part answer to one blog post? It has been said, "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." It takes time, careful thought and theological depth to do justice to this difficult text. Jean E. Jones does just that.
5. This is an important article at the Federalist about a recent survey that found a high level of support for communism among Millennials.
Subscribe for more great articles each week!